There may be some facts about the rescue that some followers, donors or sponsors are unaware of:
- It is the hard work of all the volunteers as the rescue has no paid employees. The volunteers not only work hard to care for the horses they give their time to help with the fundraisers, birthday parties, private pony rides and the groups that come to learn about the horses and ride.
- There is no state or federal funding. We receive no corporate sponsorships. 100% of your kind donations go to the care of the horses.
- The most costly expenditures are the feed and hay. What many do not realize is there are many other costly expenses.
- Dental care
- Farrier expenses
- Veterinary expenses
- Farm maintenance and repairs
- Equipment repairs
- Water and electricity cost
- Supplements that some horses require
- Rehabilitation services ( massage therapy with chiropractic care, photon laser therapy, acupuncture)
4. Several horses due to their age or extensive needs to stay healthy will call HHER their forever home as a sanctuary resident. Even though these older horses can be excellent for beginner riders the cost to maintain some can be too expensive for the average horse lover.
- hoof maintenance needed to keep them sound.
- need for special feed
- several different supplements
- more extensive dental care
- joint supplements